Our body needs a whole variety of foods to function properly. Naturally, procured foods are ideal for our daily needs. The key to a healthy lifestyle is eating healthy, so let us look at the ten healthiest foods that we can have:
- Vegetables are high in nutrients such as calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. They are rich in fiber which helps flush out the toxins from our body. They adhere to the fat residues that are left in the intestine and wash them out with our bowel movements. An adequate amount of fiber also prevents constipation. Dark, leafy greens are very beneficial. They are loaded with beta-carotenes, vitamin C, carotenoids, anti oxidants, and phytochemicals. You can incorporate spinach, cabbage, or lettuce into your salad. Always try to buy fresh vegetables, preferably organic varieties, as they are free of pesticides. If at all fresh ones are not available, opt for frozen ones as opposed to tinned or canned varieties. Tinned food is soaked in brine, and its intake increases the sodium content in our diet .
- Fresh seasonal fruits are always good for you. An apple a day really does keeps the doctor away. Fruits are rich in vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, and flavonoids and mostly consist of fiber and water. Berries such as blueberries, cranberries, raspberries and strawberries are rich in antioxidants. They contain a compound called anthocyanin that helps neutralize free radicals. These free radicals are the ones that lead to cell damage.
- Instead of refined foods, shift to whole grains. The processing strips them of their nutrients. Oatmeal, brown rice, whole grains, pasta, and cereals are good sources of fiber, protein, minerals etc. They are high in fiber and so help prevent constipation while also preventing the onset of cancer and high cholesterol. Whole grains satiate us as well and keep us from eating too much during meals. They also contain folic acid and selenium that are crucible elements for maintaining a healthy heart.
- Beans and legumes are rich in phytochemicals. Along with whole grains, they are an excellent source of protein, and are rich in fiber, iron, and magnesium. Such foods help control diabetes and fight cancer and aid weight loss as well.
- Fish such as salmon, halibut, sardines, mackerel, etc. Are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. They help fight cholesterol and triglyceride levels and boost brainpower.
- No fitness diet plan is complete without milk, cheese, yogurt and other dairy products. They are not only rich in calcium, but also consist of protein, vitamin and minerals. They help fight osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and intestinal problems. If you are weight conscious, shift to low fat milk and cheese. Probiotic yogurt contains active bacteria which works wonders for our stomach.
- Nuts are full of fat, but of the good kind. They contain mono and polysaturated fats that help lower LDL levels and also fight cancer and heart problems.
- Chicken, turkey, lamb, etc. Are good sources of protein and are far healthier than red meat.
- Eggs are
Health Fitness Magazine, as the name suggests is the magazine for men and women who like to stay fit and healthy. This magazine comes with advice and tips on staying healthy and leading and active life. Every issue of this magazine is a collection of articles, advice and trends from the world of health and fitness. You will find extensive articles on exercise, lifestyle, nutrition and more. Health Fitness Magazine gives you realistic advice, which you can actually incorporate into your daily life, to get the results you want. The magazine instills in you the hope of a healthy you and it gives you the accurately picked tools to achieve that feat.
No Fads, Just Information You Can Use
Fads come, fads go. Health Fitness magazine is about investing on your health and fitness, by sticking to a health and fitness plan. You will read about the nutrition facts of the food items you take. You will also read the stories of people, who stay active and keep themselves fit by following simple lifestyle guidance. Every issue of the magazine has some advice, studies and research materials, which throw light into the habits of healthy and active people. Health Fitness magazine is not another fad – it educates you how to get a healthy body.
The cover and inside pages of Health Fitness magazine has healthy young men and women, all smiles, brightening up your minds as you go through the features of this magazine. Every issue of the magazine has some nice photographs, which complement the content very well. Printed on glossy paper, this magazine is great choice entertainment and informative magazine. Health magazines that publish studies don’t have to be all black and white and plain boring. They can be warm and inviting like Health Fitness Magazine too.
Diets & Nutrition
While looking for some accessible diets, which are not just celebrity fads, you have Health Fitness Magazine on your hands. This magazine comes with authoritative content, telling you about the diet habits you can follow, to keep yourself trimmed, healthy and active. Health Fitness magazine has some good choices, which give you the options of enjoying a healthy life, without compromising much on things you enjoy in your life. This magazine is a personal trainer, nutrition expert, dietician and more.
Exercise & Workouts
Health Fitness Magazine also gives you ideas of how to go about the exercise and workout plans, in such a way to maximise the benefits of going to gym. Having all the equipments around doesn’t make you healthy. Actively pursuing the activities can. This magazine tells you how to go about getting into the grove of enjoying healthy activities, food habits and lifestyle habits. Good health is not made in a day. It is achieved over several years of constant effort.
Subscribe to Health Fitness Magazine
While you are looking to adapt or maintain a healthy lifestyle, which includes taking the right amounts of nutrition, doing the right kind of workouts and … Read More
Beginner’s at-home cardio workout.
POPSUGAR Fitness offers fresh fitness tutorials, workouts, and exercises that will help you on your road to healthy living, weight loss, and stress relief. Check out Class FitSugar, our do-it-along-with-us real-time workout show hosted by Anna Renderer who will inspire you to sweat alongside fitness experts and Hollywood’s hottest celebrity trainers. Class FitSugar regularly covers the most buzzed-about workout classes and trends, including the Victoria’s Secret workout, Tabata, P90X, Bar Method, and more.
Subscribe to POPSUGAR Fitness!
Check out the rest of our channel:
Personal trainers Clapham-Battersea
Tagged: , weight loss clapham , weight loss battersea , gym in Clapham , gym in Battersea , personal training Clapham , personal training Battersea , kettlebell classes Clapham , kettlebell classes Battersea , gym Clapham , gym Battersea … Read More
The debate: should you pay for a membership to a gym? Or should you buy some home fitness equipment, instead? Although this may seem like a simple question, it is mostly just a question of money. Both gym memberships and home fitness equipment can be very expensive. If you have the money, definitely buy both. If you do not … here is a quick guide to help you decide which is best for you.
Benefits of a gym membership:
· Exercising around other people can be highly motivating – it may just motivate you stay on that treadmill for 10 minutes longer (even if it is just because you do not want to look foolish getting off too soon).
· Gyms often have classes that you can drop in on. Again, there are benefits to working out with other people. Also, many of these classes are just as fun as they are good for you. And you can make it a point to visit the same classes day after day – it is a good way to get you to the gym.
· Gyms have multiple types of equipment and weights – a lot more than you would be able to fit into your home. At a gym, you have a choice between the elliptical machine, a treadmill, a recumbent bike, a rowing machine, etc. There are also multiple weight machines for you to use – each one focusing on a different muscle.
· The equipment is kept up-to-date. Your gym might have some of the newest and greatest exercise equipment available.
· At a gym, you can hire a personal trainer (and sometimes you can even get one for free!). A personal trainer can help you decide what sort of workout is best for your body type and to accomplish the goals that you have in mind. Some gyms even have nutritionists on staff.
· Some gyms have swimming pools and saunas, etc.
Benefits of home fitness equipment:
· You do not have to pay monthly or yearly fees. Once you buy your home fitness equipment, you have few other costs associated with it.
· You can hop right out of bed to go use your home fitness equipment – you do not need to make sure that your hair looks all right, and you do not need to waste time and money driving to the gym.
· You can put in a movie or watch whatever TV you choose to when you are exercising at home.
· If you start to feel sick, hungry, thirsty, or need to go to the bathroom during the middle of a workout, you can stop right then without feeling embarrassed.
· You can exercise at any time you wish, night or day.
· Many types of home fitness equipment can be easily stored away when you are not using it, so you do not have to worry about sacrificing space in your house.
All in all, the choice is completely up to … Read More
Proform treadmills have already created a mark in the fitness equipment market. If you are a beginner and want to know how this treadmill can benefit you, then you should be reading this article that portrays the benefits you get from a Proform treadmill.
In order to stay fit and healthy, it is necessary that you workout on a daily basis. In fact, it is important that you follow some kind of activity to ensure a healthy life. There are several treadmills available in the market. Choosing the right one is always a tough job. A little bit of research will help you understand that Proform treadmills are the best among the rest today.
The Proform Company is known to manufacture several sports utilities apart from treadmills. This particular kind of treadmill that they are manufacturing comes as a cost effective solution for home fitness gym. This is the best choice for beginners who are looking for cheap alternatives to start their exercising regime. The low cost is a boon for the beginners while the professionals do not seem to get satisfied with this product, as there are many other high performance and advanced treadmills available in the market these days.
The reason why beginners prefer this over the rest is that they are fairly capable of handling this equipment with ease and also the cost factor makes it pretty affordable too. On the other hand, the professionals feel that this is definitely not what they want.
For beginners, Proform 540 is the best choice of treadmill model. This is the cheapest model that comes with basic facilities that are fairly sufficient for a novice. As time moves on and you get a brief idea on how to handle this device, you can go ahead with the whole range of accessories that can be used with this product. It is a no big deal to understand its functions and benefits even for novices. Depending upon your requirements and location you can find them in your local market easily.
The product that is mentioned above comes with a whopping 10 year engine warranty. This is one of the reasons why it is so well received by people all over. Other parts receive a three-month warranty. Thus Proform Treadmills are the cheap and best fitness appliances for masses.… Read More