Try my favorite 10 minute cardiovascular routine. This is a free 10 minute workout that you can follow along with me in the comfort of you own home. So, come on! What are you waiting for?
I’m Samantha Clayton, fitness expert and former competitive sprinter. I’m working with Herbalife to help you achieve a healthy, active life.
I am always talking about squeezing in a quick workout because it’s amazing how effective a short bout of strength or cardiovascular exercise can be. A great way to truly benefit from a short session is to focus on one specific area of the body or one element of fitness such as strength, cardio or flexibility. With that in mind, let’s get our bodies moving with this 10 minute cardio blast!
My pre-cardio 2 minute warm up:
Your warm up should always be dynamic: gently loosening off your body and slowly increasing your heart rate.
A 120 second warm up to ease into the core of your workout should be good enough but spend a little extra time on days that you feel especially tight.
– Circle your arms while marching on the spot for 30 seconds.
– March with high knees while swinging your arms for 30 seconds.
– Do 10 calf raises by standing with your feet shoulder width apart and rising up onto your toes, holding for a second, then lowering back down.
– Do 10 squats by standing with your feet shoulder width apart and toes pointed forward. Sit back as if you are going to sit in a chair, hold for a second, then — leading with your hips — come back to standing.
– Do 10 shallow lunges. A lunge is simply a step forward and then a step back with one leg. Put your hands on your hips, keep a nice straight back and take an exaggerated step forward, lowering your back knee toward the ground. Hold the lunge for 2 seconds and repeat on the other leg.
– Jog in place for 30 seconds.
My 8 minute fat-blasting moves:
1. Modified jumping jacks 2. Power jumping jacks 3. Running in place 4. All out sprint in place 5. Squats 6. Burpees 7. Side step 8. Speed skaters
Don’t forget to repeat all the exercises twice. Have fun and be creative — once you’ve got the hang of this routine you can swap in extra exercises you love and keep your 10 minute cardio workout fresh.
If you can do three 10 minute blasts throughout your day, you will have achieved the recommended amount of activity each day. The ACSM, American College of Sports Medicine recommends that people try to engage in physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week. The great news is that studies have shown that accumulating that time throughout the day is as good as doing 30 minutes at a time.”
*** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Herbalife fitness expert, Samantha Clayton provides a perfect 10 minute cardio workout that you can follow along with at home.
Looking to get an energy boost & be more productive? Get your blood flowing & feel good by doing this 10 minute cardio body blast. Work your arms & legs by doing lunges, squats & jogging in place. Warm up & then gradually increase your cardio workout.
Get moving in just 10 minutes with this cardio workout that will keep you feeling great all day. Exercising is important, so even if you only have 10 minutes a day, this cardio workout will help make you glow. If you have time, aim for 60 minutes each day by either repeating this workout or trying some of Samantha Clayton’s other workouts.